On November 25, 2019, Concentric Methods (CM) won a competitive full and open Occupational Health Physician Consulting Services contract with a new customer, the United States Postal Service (USPS). The nation-wide contract is five years and its primary purpose is to advise and support USPS management. The services provided include but are not limited to:
- Provide expert consultation and support to senior USPS Occupational Health Services staff on policy and program development and associated training requirements.
- Provide expert consultation on regulatory compliance related to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs, and the Department of Transportation/Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Provide support within the Pre-employment Medical Suitability process by reviewing medical documentation and recommending referrals for Focus Examinations and Reasonable Accommodation. Communicate with candidate’s medical providers on an as needed basis.
- Provide expert consultation to the Law Department regarding Fitness for Duty, Arbitration grievances, Department of Transportation rules and regulations, workplace violence, Equal Employment Opportunity cases and other subjects as needed.
- Review Medical and Psychiatric Fitness for Duty Examination reports. Interpret and explain examination findings to District Human Resources and Occupational Health Services staff.
- Review difficult long-term disability cases to determine strategy for Periodic Roll intervention. Assist in setting benchmarks for recovery, interact with treating provider to facilitate resolution in cases failing to meet benchmarks, and develop action plans to move stalled cases forward.
- Ensure maintenance and confidentiality of medical records in accordance with USPS policy.
- Advise USPS management as requested on national preparedness incidents where there is a nexus between the USPS and public health.
CM will ensure program success by incorporating industry best practices and lessons learned from multidiscipline, multi-location programs, including work for Defense Health Agency, U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, and National Institutes of Health (NIH). CM holds The Joint Commission (TJC) Gold Seal of Approval® for healthcare staffing services certification. Attainment of this quality certification demonstrates our comprehensive experience, established management plan, and corporate expertise – all strengths for providing the most advantageous solutions in support of Occupational Health Physician Consultant Services for the USPS.
“The goal of the Small Business Administration 8(a) program is to graduate companies that will go on to thrive in a competitive business environment. Concentric Methods exited the 8(a) program on April 19, 2015. Winning this full and open non-socioeconomic designated contract with a new customer demonstrates CM’s ability to successfully offer exceptional services at a fair price, market the company, monitor customers’ satisfaction, make adjustments and improvements as necessary, and build name recognition while maximizing returns to our shareholders.” Harold Mitchell, J.D., M.S., President, Concentric Methods”